We’re cruising quickly through our last marking period. A lot happened this week in school but I’ll just choose some highlights for you.
- We’re trying out Edpuzzle for some video learning. I learned about this site through a professional development class I’m taking. The site lets you organize by class, link to Google Classroom and easily edit video to insert questions, not allow fast forwarding, etc. I tried it out with pre-Algebra this week with 2 short videos. The general consensus through blind reporting was that it is worth more investigation. They think there is good possibility for it.
- We’re trying out Quizzizz for some competition with learning. This is another site I learned about in the class. We tried it out with one of the 3 math labs this week and the kids were evenly split on loving the competition aspect and hating it. Then, I turned off the leaderboard option and even the kids who hate the competition suddenly disliked this. We agreed that the point is the competition. I introduced it in one math 7 class and most of the kids (again through blind reporting) think it is pretty cool. We used it to practice our triangle proofs.
- The pre-Algebra paintings are closer to being hung up! They are now in the hands of the person who is going to hang them. I know we are getting close now!! I think there’s a good chance the kids will get to have them on the walls while they are still in 7th grade. Our project has turned full year I guess.
- In math 7 we learned how to work with compasses and protractors. We made beautiful artwork with these tools. Our work included constructing an equilateral triangle and bisecting the sides. If you have opportunity to visit the 2nd floor check out our pictures hanging in the hallway.
- We have only 3 students left to interview in the entire 7th grade!! Next week will complete this project. I’ll take pictures of the hallway display so you can see your child’s answers about their time in grade 7.
Stay tuned for some schedule updates coming from the school. These will start next week. This will impact the way I do our home practice for the last 5 weeks. I haven’t fully decided what we’ll do, but I will let you know as soon as I decide!!
As always, please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.